Please note that we do not offer trail rides, multi-person lessons for new/beginner riders, or off-site leases.
After reviewing the information below, please email us at email@example.com or call our farm line at 410-795-8371 if you have questions about lessons!
All private & group lessons are bookable in 18-week Seasons. The current Season is from 8/27-12/30/2023; the next Season will begin on 12/31/2023.
The major benefits of Seasons:
(1) Your spot is immediately reserved for the next 18 weeks— no need to worry about someone taking your spot!
(2) You don’t have to remember to re-book & pay! You will receive invoices via email when your next installment is due. (Please note: Any rider whose invoice is past-due will automatically be removed from all future lessons— so be sure to pay as soon as you receive your invoice! If you are removed from your lesson due to late payment, we cannot guarantee your spot.)
(3) You can still join lessons at any time— No need to wait for a new Season to start!
Want to book partway through the Season? You can still purchase lessons! To book the remainder of the Season after the Season has started, you have three options:
(1) Purchase each lesson individually at the Single Lesson rate.
(2) Purchase the Season at full-price ($900 for groups or $1,200 for privates) and receive credits for any lessons that have already passed in the Season (use these credits to schedule make-ups during the Season; e.g., if you book starting week 3 of the Season, you’ll receive 2 credits).
(3) Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request an invoice for the remaining lessons in the Season in sets (of 9 groups or 3, 6, 9, 12, or 15 privates). To receive the discounted set rate, you must purchase via Season or in multiples of 3 (for privates) or 9 (for groups).
Need to change lesson days part-way through the Season? Please email us at email@example.com so we can confirm appropriate lessons with open spots before you swap lessons.
Once the Season ends, we expect riders to enroll in the new Season starting the following week. If you plan to discontinue lessons, please let us know before the end of the Season so we can plan our schedule accordingly.
If you are late on payment, you will not be on the schedule and therefore will not be able to ride.
Please note that we do not offer refunds.
The number of lessons you have remaining can be found in your Hopoti account, so it is your responsibility to keep track of your lessons and when you owe money.
In the event that you are unable to ride for more than 4 consecutive weeks due to an injury/surgery/illness, we can place your lessons on hold. Please email or call us to discuss!
Cancellations must be done through the online scheduling system at Hopoti.com.
Be sure to cancel at least 24 hours prior to the lesson time to receive a cancellation credit, which you can use to schedule a make-up lesson for another day & time.
Please note that all make-up credits automatically expire at the end of the Season (so for the 8/27-12/30 Season, all credits expire on 12/30; no extensions/credits/refunds are available).
Volunteering at our shows and programs for 10 hours earns riders an extra group lesson. These hours may be earned by any family member and given to any rider.
Working Students in more than one weekly lesson may use their hours to pay for a secondary lesson set. Working Students are also eligible for a monthly bonus lesson.
Given the importance of safety for all riders, failure to comply with the following policies will result in a missed lesson without a make-up/refund.
All riders must wear their own long pants and hard-soled boots with a heel.
Please note that after 4 lessons, ALL riders must bring the following items each lesson:
We recommend the following stores:
We cancel/reschedule lessons on the following holidays:
We alter the schedule on Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve to avoid evening lessons on those days.
For all other holidays, we only alter the schedule in the event of a large number of rider cancellations.
Private lessons are one-on-one with an instructor.
Doing a single private lesson is a great way for anyone to determine whether horseback riding is right for them!
Required for anyone with prior riding experience who wishes to go directly into a group.
Private lessons are generally for beginning riders (who cannot yet join a group), as well as riders that own/lease and are working on specific skills with their own horse.
Single 1/2-hour private lesson:
Set of 3 to 18 lessons (ridden on a recurring day & time; available in multiples of 3):
Cost: $200 per 3 lessons
3-7 riders in a group. Groups based on ability.
Riders must be able to walk, trot, halt, and steer on their own before joining a group lesson.
Single 50-minute group lesson:
Sets of 9 or 18 lessons (ridden on a recurring day & time; available in multiples of 9):
Total Cost: $450 per 9 lessons
Scheduled on a case-by-case basis, weather permitting. Instructor approval required.
Private X/C Lesson (single rider)
Semi-Private X/C Lesson (2 riders)
*additional $5 horse-use fee if rider does not own or full-lease their mount.
Everyone (regardless of vaccination status) MUST:
If you have tested positive for COVID (regardless of your symptom status), do not come to the farm.
Please consult the CDC for current best practices.